Friday, February 15, 2008

Calypso


It has come to my attention that some parts of the world can't see my masthead and are deprived of adorable pictures of my cat. Since I always like an excuse to post pictures of my cat, I'm including them here, in the text of the post, and changing my masthead in the hopes that something else will show up better.
This is Calypso, sleeping in her favorite place, ie, the fruit bowl. Unfortunately, a pomegranate had already taken up some of the available space, so she decided to make the best of it. She has a harder time squeezing in next to bananas and potatoes.
Next up we have another picture of Calypso, this time napping on the computer router. This is one of her favorite places to sit, along with the fruit bowl, my shoulders, and a legion of cardboard shoe boxes. This picture was my masthead, because I figured it was sort of computer related, but also cute. Calypso likes computers; the other day I came home to find that someone had tried to sign into AIM as "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu." I'm guessing it was not a human. Unfortunately, AIM responded "invalid username!" and that was that.

2 comments:

melusina said...

Awww, so cute! I think you should forget about putting fruit in the fruit bowl. Once kitties find a spot, it is forever theirs, no matter what might be in the way.

I can see the new masthead now, too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily, It´s great to hear that you´re in the process of applying to graduate school! ¿Where are you planning to go? ¿Do you want to begin this year or the following?

I´m in the same process now, i would like to go to Columbia next year( I remember you were intereted in Columbia too, aren´t you? ). You are right, the to-do list is never-ending, now i´m a little bit worried because in my list there is a major task: " TO STUDY FOR THE GRE" and i haven´t done anything about it. The worse thing is that my appointment is in one month...
If you have any advice regarding this, please let me know.

See you around!